Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Parting is such Sweet Sorrow

Yesterday I said goodbye to the Global Mamas crew in Cape Coast and all the beautiful people I met and have come to love. Last night, Aba cooked a delicious goodbye meal, no, feast! We all sat down together at the dining table and enjoyed rice and beans, spaghetti with shrimp and lobster, kelewele (ripe plantains), beef stew, and cake and cookies for dessert. This morning they gave me a strip of kente cloth as a parting gift from the family. Then we took pictures (it was very sweet of Aba because she hates photos), I hugged Aba goodbye, and Wallace drove us to the STC bus station. I love that God gives me families wherever I go, but it never gets easier having to say goodbye. So it came to time to say goodbye to Wallace as well, but it is nice to know we will definitely keep in touch and that I also have a mother and father in Ghana. I will be in Accra the rest of the week briefly working on a project as well as doing some last minute exploring.

With the Global Mamas crew



I told them to look sad. Of course they were goofy.


With Wallace and Aba in front of the house

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment