Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Journey Home


            I left Accra Friday night at 10:40pm. Now, twenty-two hours and one connecting flight through London later, I am sitting in the Miami Airport waiting for the next leg of the journey. Due to a delayed departure from London, quite some time in immigration, and Taca’s inability to let me pre-check in to my flight online, I am now waiting to get on a plane to El Salvador instead of the one going to Managua. In El Salvador I will board the plane for Managua. I am not a frustrated traveler by any means, and although it’s been almost a whole day, I’ve barely had any sleep, and I’m sweaty from running (ok… speed walking) through the Miami Airport, I am just happy that Lord willing, I will be home soon (even if it’s like 4 hours later than previously planned)
            The reason I haven’t slept much is because I was distracted by the British Airlines in-flight entertainment. I opted to watch a total of 6 movies, and a couple of T.V. shows (during two long flights) instead of sleeping. Of course my body did succumb to a couple of naps, but not very long ones. Soon I can sleep it off in the comfort of my bed after an awesome Nicaraguan welcome meal prepared by my grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment